Enjoy Your Stay at The Crown of Crucis Hotel
The Crown of Crucis is a lovely Cotswolds Country House Hotel and Inn. Our 25 rooms mainly overlook the peaceful Ampney Brook and onto the beautiful Village, all have en-suite bathrooms, the usual tea and coffee-making facilities and of course, we are in the middle of the Cotswolds countryside; if you can’t get a good night’s sleep here, we have an issue!
To us, your stay at The Crown of Crucis is about more than the comforts afforded by your bedroom and en-suite. We want you to enjoy everything that our small but perfectly formed Country Inn and Hotel has to offer.
Rest and recharge your batteries: Our beautifully decorated Superior rooms, with views of Ampney Brook and the local cricket field, are located in the most peaceful areas of the hotel to ensure that when you're ready to sleep, the scene is set. Spread your paperwork out on the desk, and forget it. Meanwhile a kingsize bed, en-suite bath and shower, digital TV, free Wi-Fi, tea and coffee-making facilities, iPod docking stations and guaranteed river view: It's the least we can do...
Our double rooms offer extremely spacious accommodation and most overlook Ampney Brook.
All offer the luxuries of en-suite bath and shower, Free Wi-Fi, digital TV, a decent dressing table and hairdryer (for the ladies, particularly!), tea and coffee-making facilities, and room service if you really are here just to relax. Pick up the phone and ask!
Our twin rooms are great, in our opinion! Many of them overlook Ampney Brook and the cricket field. They are all spacious, have en-suite bathroom, digital TV, Free Wi-Fi, hairdryers, tea and coffee-making facilities.
Breakfast in bed with your favourite newspapers is not a problem. Just dial Reception and ask.
There is only one Bridal Room in the hotel: the most secluded and beautifully furnished suite we have, considerately positioned with a stunning view and in the least disturbed part of the hotel: your privacy and peace of quiet is our priority.
A kingsize bed, en-suite bath and shower, view to kill for and our undivided attention, should you require it, is yours.
If a champagne breakfast in bed is the order of the day, we will be happy to provide the strawberries, too, just ask!
We are not just saying this, but you really should check out our brilliant family rooms.
For a start, each family suite consists of two interconnecting bedrooms; a twin and a double – parents, you really can have your privacy. In addition, you all have grown-up facilities, depending on your recommendations. Afterall, your husband may be a dab-hand with the kettle or iron, but your 6-year-old may be the internet and TV guru. We’ll take your lead. Needless to say, with two en-suite facilities between you all, you should still be able to make it out before lunch, unless, of course, you choose to have room service.
Bits & Bobs
Check In Times 2.45pm - 10.30pm
Check Out by 10.30am
If you require a Late Checkout or will be arriving later than the Check In Time please contact us
All of our rooms have:
- En-suite bathroom
- Digital TV
- Free WiFi
- Tea and coffee making facilities
Why not bring the Whole Family on Holiday from just £10.00 per night bring them along. Then wake up in the morning take them out over the bridge onto open fields for a great morning walk.
What Our Guests Say
- “We stayed at the hotel on 11th & 12th Feb. It is extremely good value. Friendly and attentive staff, good food and nicely located rooms (ours overlooked a small river and cricket pitch). The room was very clean and warm. Very good breakfast and dinner in a restaurant with atmosphere. The room service was quick and efficient. We shall be staying again.” Sue 15.2.17
- “Stop in here often for fish and chips when I’m back home. Really good food, good beer and nice staff. Also a lovely setting by the river, which runs alongside of the village cricket pitch. Ducks, clear stream etc. Lovely place.” Angus 13.2.17
- “Having eaten here several times previously, I now had the opportunity to stay the night. We had one of the river facing rooms with a King sized bed - it was all very nicely appointed with a very comfortable bed and good bathroom. The breakfast was very good, both fried and poached eggs were perfectly cooked and all piping hot. We would certainly return to stay here when next in the area!! The menu selection is broad and there's something that would suit most palates and tastes. The scallops were particularly good as was the Lamb. Creme Brulee with Raspberries was everything is should be and the apple tart also ticked all the boxes. A thoroughly good and satisfying meal - we will return in due course!!! Might be worth booking as Saturday night was quite busy!!!” February 2017
- “I spent the night here while going for a business trip. The room was very clean and cozy, with a great view, the bed and bedding were very comfortable and the bathroom was perfect, with clean towels and very hot water. We had dinner in the bar and it took about 15 minutes to decide, because all the choices sounded great. I had the calf liver and it was just as my mother used to cook it. The service was impeccable and the drinks were spot on, with good recommendation and a variety of choices. The Romanian man in the bar was very friendly (sorry I didn't get his name) and the staff in general were great. Breakfast was amazing, best eggs Benedict I had in a long time and the choices of fresh juice and fruits were perfect! The lady who served us in the morning was very cheerful and the young man in reception was very helpful, with a quick check out and a big smile. Overall a great experience, loved the decorations and cosiness, wished I could have stayed longer.” Mufa 9.2.17
- “As a birthday treat for me my wife and I decided to have a long weekend in and around Cirencester. We chose The Crown as a base because it was very reasonably priced and we'd heard good things about the hotel. The hotel itself is very pleasant indeed, a good mix of the relatively modern and Cotswold charm. Undoubtedly the highlight of the stay was the meal we had. The food was absolutely superb. I had the fillet steak which was cooked perfectly and melted in the mouth, the whole meal was a delight and very reasonably priced for the quality of the meal. Especially when you consider the cost of rooms in and around Cirencester this hotel is an absolute gem. We will be back.” Charles, January 2017
- “What made this place special was the food. It was fantastic and had a real "home" cooked taste to it. And, it was also great value for money. Next time I am down in this neck of the woods, then this hotel will be my first choice” Jim, January 2017
- “Four of us had a lovely family lunch. Every dish was well cooked and delicious. The most outstanding thing however, was the service. Everyone was kind and professional. We were made to feel very welcome with just the right amount of attention. Not too much that we felt suffocated, not too little that we felt ignored. Top it off with a warm, clean, "country pub interior. A wonderful experience.” February 2017